SF 335 Needs Our Support TODAY!! PROTECT OUR CHILDREN IN BATHROOMS AND LOCKER ROOMS
Listen to this Special and TIMELY 3min message from Senator Cherielynn Westrich
!! CALL TO ACTION !!
We have to protect our Children in their bathrooms and locker rooms.
There are girls in some Iowa schools whose privacy is being violated and they are being made to feel incredibly uncomfortable right now.
Requires persons to use the bathroom and facilities that CORRESPONDS TO THEIR BIOLOGICAL SEX at school.
You'd think it would be common sense but unfortunately its not. It's extremely sad that there are schools that are currently violating our children's right to privacy while using the bathroom and locker room.
This is an Act prohibiting persons from entering single and multiple occupancy toilet facilities and other facilities in elementary and secondary schools that do not correspond with the person’s biological sex - Read the Bill Here
* if you happen to see these too late for the subcommittee still email. The bills needs our help to get through Committee and to the Floor for debate and vote.
1. Make a written comment on the bill.
2. Attend Sub Committee and Comment (if possible)
Tues. 2/28/23 Room 315 at 12pm
3. Or attend and comment via Zoom by raising your hand on the zoom screen.
4. EMAIL the 3 subcommittee members briefly stating “vote YES on SF 335” and our Senate Majority Leader, Speaker of the House and Governor.
email@example.com - Democrat who will oppose the legislation
firstname.lastname@example.org - Republican who introduced the bill.
email@example.com - Republican will be in favor of
Speaker of the House
Senate Majority Leader
Contact the Governor
Our students need to have privacy and feel safe when using the bathroom and when they are showering in our schools.
* I know this is short notice. Because this is funnel week things will be moving faster than they normally do and we won't have much notice. We got the call from Senator Westrich tonight asking for our support. (or last night) depending on when you're seeing this.
Other Bills to Watch
HSB 208 (SF 335 Companion Bathroom Bill) in subcommittee at 8am.
HSB 214 (Prohibits performing gender transition surgeries on minors)
Attend Meeting 330PM Room 304
Join By Phone:1.408.418.9388
More about Funnel Week and Iowa Education Reform with Rep Dan Gehlbach
Thank you for TAKING ACTION. The House Education Committee Chair reached out to us today because of all of your emails about HF 362 to let us know that CASEL is no longer being promoted by the IDOE. There will be more to be done but our efforts are paying off.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. - Thomas Paine
*If you appreciate everything we are doing to protect the freedoms of Iowans and to support parental rights please lend your support.
Feel Free to go comment DONE on our Face Book Post if you're so inclined.
"Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain."